I get asked all the time…how can I lose weight quickly at the gym? Well, while there really aren’t any magic shortcuts, there are a few tried and true things you can do to get slim quickly. Remember, though, it’s not the number on the scale but your level of body fat that really matters. Muscle weighs more than fat, but looks a lot more attractive! At FitnessFAST we have tools to test your bodyfat, along with instructions, on the file cabinet. Please let us know if you would like some guidance, we are happy to help.
1. Diet AND Exercise together = Success. When you restrict your calories in and you pump up your calories out, there is a bigger deficit, leading to more weight loss.
2. Protein!!!! Pick a good protein powder, like the one for sale at FitnessFAST, and use it at breakfast and lunch to displace some of those calories you were going to eat. Pumping up the protein builds muscle quickly, which in turn burns more FAT!
3. Lift Weights! Many females in particular shy away from weights, when that is the one single most important thing they should be doing. We have a wonderful weight circuit that is very easy to use, as well as personal training services if you are interested. We also have a class called Body Sculpt, for members, that is strictly weight lifting. It’s a fun class, and all ranges of fitness are welcome. You can start with little or no weight, and work up as you go. It’s a great way to learn about weightlifting and your different muscle groups. And…you will notice a change in your body quickly. Also, note that the best cardio [do it three times a week at least] is running if you are trying to lose body fat.
4. Diet: Women eat 1400 calories a day and 100 grams of protein. Men eat 1800-2000 calories a day with 125 grams of protein. There is a great diet on this site that focuses on these calorie and protein intakes.
5. Replenish! If you are working out for more than one hour at a time, replenish your energy stores with a low calorie drink to replenish your spent glycogen stores. Regular gatorade mixed with water is good. [One serving of Gatorade is about half of a small bottle].
6. Stay hydrated! Water is the single most important part of any fitness and diet plan. Drink at least 80 ounces a day, and more when you sweat.
To Your Health,
2403 Towne Centre Drive * Bellevue NE 68123 * 402-905-2710 * email@example.com