Getting the Energy to Exercise and Achieve Fitness at the Gym
It seems silly to say that sometimes we need to manufacture energy to get up off our duff and go to the gym, but it’s true! Exercise is a fantastic source of energy, but what do you do, both mentally and physically, to get you psyched up to go to the gym and achieve a higher level of fitness? You will feel so much better after working out, it’s how you feel before working out that is the sticky part. Just think of how great you will feel afterwards!
Mental energy tricks:
1. A friend of mine has a day every week where she blasts her favorite band’s music while she’s making breakfast. She reserves one special day a week to do this, and it gets her pumped up.
2. Get dressed and ready. Sometimes just putting on your workout gear will give you the encouragement you need to get out the door.
3. Get a buddy. If you have someone calling you and bugging you to go to that fitness class, then you can’t let them down, right? Workout buddies are the best!
Physical Energy Tricks:
1. Eat a bowl of oatmeal mixed with half a scoop of chocolate protein and a touch of sweetener. MMM! It tastes like chocolate Malt O Meal and it’s power packed with complex carbs and enough protein to power you through your workout.
2. Eat two pieces of sprouted grain toast with peanut butter. Sprouted grain breads, such as Spelt bread or Ezekial Brand bread, are powerhouses of energy, and the peanut butter adds just enough protein to the mix.
Remember, you have enough glycogen stored in your cells and in your liver to last about 45 minutes. At that point, a little replenishment will feel great…but you don’t have to go crazy. A half serving of gatorade mixed into a bottle of water will do the trick nicely. And…don’t forget to drink a ton of water to replenish all that you lost with your awesome workout! Be Fit, be Healthy!
To Your Health,
2403 Towne Centre Drive * Bellevue NE 68123 * 402-905-2710 * email@example.com